Symptoms of Awakened Kundalini–ascension, doin’ it old school
The moment of awakening is when the Kundalini Fire ignites in the root chakra and moves up the spine through the chakra system, opening the Seven Seals of Higher Consciousness. The Medulla Oblongata or the Ascension Chakra, which is sometimes called the Mouth of God, is activated, and the Pineal Gland begins to pulsate and function as it was originally designed to do. This in turn opens the crown chakra or the Lotus of en-Lighten-ment at the top of the head, thereby connecting with the shining column of Light, which ultimately leads to your God Self or I Am Presence.
Once you make this connection you are forever changed. The empowerment of Spirit begins to flow through you as you begin to reclaim your mastery of Self along with the godly gifts of your Divine heritage. (Source)
Some Characteristic Symptoms of Awakened Kundalini
Some characteristic symptoms of the awakened kundalini are here given below from Mahayoga Vijãna, a treatise on the subject in Hindi by Shri Yogãnandji Mahãrãja, the author’s revered guru. They are illustrative and by no means exhaustive:-
- When throbbing of mooladhar begins, the whole body shakes, involuntary kumbhak (filling in of the lungs with air) starts beyond control, breath is forcibly exhaled out, without volition deep inhaling and exhaling of breath starts and the body gets uncontrollable, know then that Kundalini has awakened. You then should give up your assertion and sit witnessing what happens.
- When Your body begins trembling, hair stands on roots, you laugh or begin to weep without your wishing, your tongue begins to utter deformed sounds, you are filled with fear or see frightening visions, semen passes out, think that the Kundalini Shakti has become active.
- When your posture becomes fixed, uddiyan, jalendhar, and moolbandhas come involuntarily, your tongue reverts back or rises up towards the soft palate and the whole body becomes so active that you are unable to sit still, your hands and legs stretch out forcibly, you ought to know that the Divine power of the goddess Kundalini has come into action.
- When your posture becomes fixed and sight is attracted toward the middle point of eyebrows, the eyeballs begin to revolve, you get automatic kewal-kumbhak, cessation of breath comes with no effort for inhaling or exhaling and the mind becomes vacant, void of all outward knowledge, understand that Mahãmãyã the first born Shakti, the goddess Kundalini has come into action.
- When you feel currents of Prãna rising up your cerebrum within you, automatic repetition of Aum starts and the mind experiences waves after waves of blissful beatitude, think the Universal Mother Kundalini has come into action.
- When different kinds of Nãd become audible, in your spinal column you experience vibrations, feeling of bodily existence for the time being is lost, in other words you feel as if there is no body, everything looks vacant, your eyelids become closed and open not in spite of your efforts, electric-like currents seem flowing up and down the nerves and you have convulsions, know that Mahãmãyã Kundalini has come into action.
- When with the closing of eyelids your body falls to the ground, or begins to rotate like a grinding stone and breath comes not out, the body squatted on floor crosslegged begins to jump from place to place like a frog, or moves from place to place, or lies down like one dead, hands may not be lifted even if so desired, you feel contraction of nerves, you feel as if your life is passing away, the body undergoes convulsions like a dying fish, know that Yogamaya Kundalini has come into action.
- When your mind gets influenced spiritually as if some spirit has taken possession of your body and under that influence different postures of yoga are involuntarily performed, without the least pain or fatigue and you feel increasingly buoyant, and simultaneously strange sort of breathing exercises start, think that the Divine power of Kundalini has come into action.
- When no sooner you have sat with eyes closed than in an instant the body begins to show activity of throwing out limbs forcibly, deformed sounds are loudly uttered, your speech begins to utter sounds like those of animals, birds and frogs or of a lion or like those of jackals, dogs, tigers, fear inspiring and not pleasing to hear, understand that the Great Goddess Kundalini has come into action.
- When you feel vibrations of prana at different stations inside your body and feel its flow wherever you fix your attention and nerves begin to show easy jerks like jerks of electricity as if passing through them, know that the Goddess Kundalini has come into action.
- When all day and night you feel within your body some activity of prana and whenever you concentrate your mind, your body at once begins to shake or begins tossing and your mind remains filled with joy and bliss at all times, even when at call of nature, even during sleep you feel currents of prãna rising up in your sahasrãr and even in dreams you experience Her presence, know that the joy-inspiring Kundalini has come into action.
- As soon as you sit for prayers your body begins to shake and in ecstasy of joy you begin to sing hymns in tones of music charming to hear and whose composition and poetry come out involuntarily, your hands giving a rhythmical clapping, and you pronounce languages you know not, but the sound ecstasizes your mind, know that the Goddess of speech, Saraswati, has awakened into action.
- When you feel intoxicated without taking any drug, while walking your steps fall majestically or like one drunk and you are unable to do any other work and you like to remain mute and dislike speaking to or hearing others and you feel like one drunk of Divinity, know that your Atma Shakti Kundalini, the power of Self, has come into action.
- While walking, when your mind is filled with an impulse to walk faster and your feet begin to move a running, you feel your body light like air and do not feel fatigued even having walked long enough, you feel buoyant and joyful, you are not unhappy even in dreams, you can keep the balance of your mind undisturbed in all ups and downs, and you acquire an inexhaustible energy for work, know that the Brahma Shakti Kundalini has come into action.
- When you are in meditation you see visions divine and fall in a dreamy state of mind, have divine smells, see divine figures, feel divine tastes, hear divine sounds and experience divine touch and receive instructions from Gods, then understand that the divine power of Kundalini has come into action.
- When you are in meditation, future unfolds its secrets to you or the hidden meaning of scriptures, Vedas and Vedãnta shine in your understanding, all doubts vanish, you acquire an insight into the abstruse meaning of the works on spiritual science even at their first glance, you acquire strange powers of oratory and feel not the need of approaching even Brahma, the creator himself, for knowledge and you acquire self-confidence, understand then that Kundalini the bestower of siddhis (occult powers) has come into action.
- When seated for meditation your sight becomes fixed on the mid of eyebrows, your tongue rises up for Khechari, breath stops altogether and mind plunges into the ocean of bliss, shambhavi mudrã operates and you experience the pleasure of savikalpa samãdhi, know that subtle power of Kundalini is in action.
- When at morning and evening hours punctually and automatically your body becomes charged with such of the divine influences, and body, mind and prãna become overpowered by Her, know that the Goddess Kundalini is rightly functioning.
Mula-bandha (‘root lock’) involves contracting the perineum which lies between the anus and the genitals (corresponding to muladhara cakra), although other accounts stipulate that it is the anal sphincter that is contracted, and others again that the heel is pressed against this area. Mula-bandha is said to promote sexual control (bramacharya), and to be effective in releasing Brahma-granthi.
Uddiyana bandha (‘upward-going lock’) is performed by emptying the lungs and then drawing the abdomen back strongly towards the spine and up towards the thorax, with the intention of stimulating the ‘gastric fire’, uniting prana and apana vayus, and dissolving Visnu granthi.
Jalandhara-bandha (‘throat lock’) involves drawing the chin in and pressing it down towards the jugular notch (between the collar bones), thereby preventing the passage of air through the throat as well as the flow of prana though ida and pingala nadis. It is also said to be a means of releasing Rudra granthi. (Source)
Uddiyan Bandha: Introduction (Source)
This bandh involves movement of the muscles of the stomach and especially the muscles of the diaphragm. The movement is important and characteristic. Hathayoga assigns a special importance to Uddiyan Bandh. The study of Pranayam is not complete without studying this bandh. While performing this bandh, the muscle of the diaphragm is stretched in upward direction; hence this bandh is termed as Uddiyan Bandh. Also, this bandh is useful for awakening of Kundalini Shakti while making spiritual progress, hence it may have been termed as Uddiyan Bandh.
The bandh involves action of muscles of the stomach and hence it may be performed while being in Standing Pose or Sitting Pose. The bandh can also be performed while being in Padmasan, Siddhasan, Vajrasan and while practising pranayam. Or it may be performed independently while being in these asanas too. However, for the new entrants in the field, it is advisable to study the bandh, while being in standing pose. It is easier to learn this bandh while in standing pose and it can be performed effectively too. Hence, here the bandh has been explained while being in standing pose.
To perform the bandh
Stand up with distance of 1 to 1.5 feet between the legs
Bend a little in the knees and place left palm on the left knee and right palm on the right knee.
Bend the shoulders a little towards the front and the neck also towards the front so that the weight of the body is shifted onto the knees through the
hands. This reduces the strain on the stomach and the muscles of the stomach can be relaxed.
Inhale deeply and then exhale gradually.
While exhaling, try to shift the muscles of the stomach towards inner side. Lift up the ribs a little bit and push the muscles from within with a gentle push towards the upward direction. The muscles of the stomach must be relaxed at this time, so that they can be pushed up. This results in muscles of diaphragm being pushed upwards. This is the final stage of Uddiyan Bandh. Try to remain firmly in this pose. This pose is to be retained when the breath is fully exhaled. When there is an urgent need to inhale, the bandh must be released gradually as under.
Releasing the bandh pose
Relax the muscles of the stomach so that they are slowly released back to the normal position. Diaphragm will also be released to the normal pose.
Relax the pressure in the shoulders and neck area and start inhaling gradually.
After inhaling completely, bring back the hands into the normal pose and straighten out the bent knees.
Join both the legs together and come back into the standing pose.
Important aspects of the bandh
The pose involves pressure on the knees with the help of both the hands and retaining a firm pose with a particular pressure on the neck and shoulder muscles. The weight of the body is shifted onto the knees due to the pose. This relaxes the muscles of the stomach and the diaphragm. In this position, the muscles of the stomach are pushed inwards and the muscles of the diaphragm are pushed upwards. The ribs are lifted up a little bit and the chest is broadened. All these actions are performed simultaneously. However, the pose is to be attained after exhaling the breath completely. An attempt is made to inhale without actually inhaling the air into the lungs. This attempt results in expanding the ribs but as the air is not inhaled, the diaphragm is pushed upwards. This is the main part to be achieved while in this bandh. The stomach is pulled in and the navel pushed upwards. Further the muscles of the stomach must be relaxed while in this bandh. The more the relaxation, the better the performance of the bandh.
During this bandh, the stomach is taken considerably inside and a vacuum is created in it. A little bit bending of the shoulders in forward direction will prove useful for this bandh. Once the pose is achieved, it is essential to be in that pose for some time. However, all this time, the breath must be exhaled. The pose is to be retained after exhalation of the breath and till the time an urge is felt for inhalation. When the urge is felt, all the muscles should be gradually relaxed and brought back to the original position and then the breath should be inhaled. Inhalation should not take place before bringing the muscles to the original state.
The diaphragm is moved to a great extent in this bandh, hence the muscles of the diaphragm get well exercised and this movement also helps in the regular breathing. When the strength and the efficiency of diaphragm is improved, the breathing system also works more efficiently. Also, it is discovered after research that the organs in the stomach develop a negative pressure in this Uddiyan bandh. Due to such negative pressure, the blood supply to these organs is improved. The difference between the negative pressure during this bandh and the normal pressures resumed after relaxation, increases friction on the internal organs such as stomach, small intestines, liver etc. thereby improving their efficiency. This also results in improving the secretion of the digestive juices. The bandh involves movement, as if one is inhaling, however actual air is not inhaled, hence this creates negative pressure on the lungs and the heart. This also results in affimproving their efficiency. Due to this negative pressure, the blood circulation in the heart is increased. The bandh also helps in improving the digestive system. It may also be affecting several other organs of the body. However, further research is necessary to find out all such effects.
It is stated in various ancient texts that apart from these benefits, the bandh is also useful for spiritual progress and awakening of Kundalini power. The bandh is indispensable for the study of pranayama. The air pressure resulting in pranayama is regulated in proper direction due to the position of this bandh. Otherwise, such pressures can create harmful effects on the body. Hence, this bandh is indispensable in pranayama.
The bandh action is to be performed after exhaling completely. The proper duration for the bandh is the time for which it can be retained comfortably but firmly after exhalation and without inhaling. Inhalation should not be immediate after releasing the bandh pose. The inhalation i.e. pooraka after releasing the bandh has to be in a controlled manner. Hence, the bandh is to be retained till the time it can be easily retained after complete rechaka. After releasing the bandh, the pooraka should be performed gradually. In the initial stages, the bandh cannot be maintained even for 10 to 15 seconds. However, after proper practice, it can be firmly maintained for 1 to 2 minutes. If after achieving bandh pose, all the other muscles of the body are relaxed, the bandh can be maintained for a little more duration. Because in a relaxed state of the body, the need for oxygen is reduced and the oxygen present in the body can be used up for a little more time. Hence, the bandh duration can also be increased.
Persons suffering from stomach ailments, heart troubles or defective blood circulation should not attempt to perform the bandh. Persons suffering from diseases like hernia too should not perform this bandh.
While performing Uddiyan bandh, it is to be performed after exhalation. This is the proper method while studying this bandh independently. However, while practising this bandh during pranayama, the pose of the bandh is to be taken while being in kumbhaka.
Jalandhar Bandha: Introduction
It is difficult to explain why this bandh is known as Jalandhar Bandh. However, one may guess that Rishi Jalandhar might have defined the act of this bandh for the first time, and the same was named after him. (In Yoga, sometimes the actions are known by the name of the Rishis, such as Matsyendrasan, Gorakshasan etc.)
If we try to trace the meaning of the word Jalandhar, ” Jal” means “Net”, in this case, net of Nadis (energy channels) and the word “Dhar” means to stop or to hold the flow of the fluid (Amrut), flowing through the nadis. However, let us understand the action behind this bandh instead of discussing its name or origin.
Action : Pre-position
This bandh can be achieved without getting into any asana pose. But generally, it is studied in Padmasan or any other asana specified for Dhyana Process. Padmasan or Siddhasan are considered as the best positions to practise this bandh.
To perform the Bandh
In this bandh, it is expected to contract the muscles of the neck and to press the chin firmly on to the depression at the end of the throat (jugular notch).
The neck is to be bent a little for achieving this bandh. But it should not be bent much. It is to be pressed onto the depression just as a spring is pressed with a little force. The release of the force brings the spring back into normal position. The same principle is to be applied in this bandh. Since all the muscles of the neck and the throat are contracted totally, a force is exerted onto the seven paths in the throat. The presence of the force interferes with the breathing process. Hence, this bandh is to be attained after Pooraka and is to be released before Rechaka. The bandh is necessary in Kumbhaka.
Nowhere, the effects of this bandh on the body have been clearly defined. However, effects can be enumerated on the basis of experiments carried out at Kaivalyadham, Lonavala and other observations while teaching and studying this bandh.
Due to the particular action of the neck required to achieve this bandh, it is pressed forward and the spinal cord gets a little bit lifted upwards. The force of this action is felt on the spinal cord. Spinal cord has the utmost importance in the control of the body. With this force, the circulation of blood increases thereby increasing the efficiency of the spinal cord.
The bandh also affects “Vidyan Nadi” which passes through the neck. It is the only blood vessel passing below the neck. It is divided into two parts, which move towards the brain. These are known as Carotid Arteries. These arteries pass from both the sides of the neck to the brain. The beats of the heart can be easily felt if the neck is bent backwards, the pulse is felt on both the sides below the jaw. The area where the blood vessel is divided into two parts is a little bit flat and is known as Carotid Sinus. The wall covering Carotid Sinus is thin and can easily get affected by inner or outside pressure. The nerve passing from here to the brain is known as Carotid Nerve. It goes high up into the skull and then down into the brain. This nerve is related to internal carotid, external carotid and carotid sinus. The pressure exerted on this nerve is transmitted to the brain. The pressure can be exerted from outside too. This process is attempted in the Jalandhar Bandh. Due to the peculiar position of the neck, the pressure is exerted on carotid sinus and the nerves are activated to send a signal to the brain. The brain activates its machinery to lower the blood pressure, so that the muscles of the heart start functioning slowly. The heart beats are reduced. The reason why this happens is that the position of the bandh lessens the blood supply to the carotid artery. The reduction in the blood supply to the brain slows down the body activities and the practitioner can observe the complete stillness of body and mind. But to achieve this position, the bandh has to be practised for a number of years. After putting in enough practice, the yogasadhaka can achieve such elated state of mind wherein he can forget the outside world and even the awareness of his own body. Most of the functions of the body are stopped and the sadhaka can progress towards samadhi. However, with even a little bit of study and practice of this bandh, sadhaka can achieve calm and quiet mind devoid of any thoughts and the nearly lifeless body. The state is pleasurable.
The messages are passed on from carotid sinus to that centre in the brain which regulates the blood pressure. The pressure on the carotid sinus is transmitted to the brain in the form of messages and accordingly the blood pressure is reduced. This is the plan of the nature to reduce the increased blood pressure. In pranayam, there is a possibility of increasing the blood pressure while performing Kumbhaka. Hence, achieving Jalandhar Bandh before Kumbhaka automatically results in controlling the bloodpressure. This is a major benefit of Jalandhar Bandh.
There is another important benefit of this bandh. The bandh is advised in Pranayam after Pooraka. Kumbhaka is observed after Pooraka. At the time of observing Kumbhaka , the increased pressure on the inhaled air, results in air trying to find out an escape route. Since the usual path of escape i e the nostrils are closed, the air tries to enter eustachian tube and finds a way behind the ear drums. The increased pressure on the eardrums is not advisable and can cause a lot of complaints. However, the position of the pressed neck in Jalandhar Bandh stops this inhaled air from entering into these routes and the eardrums are saved from the ill effects.
This bandh is to be observed after Pooraka and before Kumbhaka. After Kumbhka, the bandh is to be released before practising Rechaka. Hence, the duration of Kumbhaka is the duration for this bandh too. Instead of practising this bandh independently, it is to be practised while practising Pranayam. Precaution
The bandh is not to be practised by persons suffering from breath related problems or high or low bloodpressure, unless advised by the experts in the field. During Pranayam, the bandh is to be observed after Pooraka. Rechaka is to be practised after Kumbhaka, after releasing the bandh. Rechaka should not be observed while being in this bandh.
This bandh relates mainly to the muscles of the anus, penis and the muscles located nearby. The muladhar chakra is supposed to be located near penis. Hence this bandh relates to muladhar chakra and is termed as mulbandh. Also it relates to the base of the spine, this may be the other reason for naming it as such because ‘mul’ means root or base.
If the bandh is to be performed ideally it should be performed in Siddhasan. Otherwise it may also be performed in Padmasan. But Siddhasan is supposed to be the ideal preposition. Action of the bandh
After sitting in Siddhasan, the left heel is properly placed under the penis. The weight of the body creates pressure on that part. After achieving a firm pose, the anal muscles and the other surrounding muscles should be contracted and moved upwards. This is the pose of the mulbandh.
The anus has two muscles. One inside and the other outside. Both these muscles are round. It is expected in this bandh to contract these muscles and to lift them upwards. However, these muscles alone are not to be contracted and lifted but the other surrounding muscles should also be similarly contracted and lifted. The muscles of the penis are also to be lifted in this bandh. Achieving pose in this bandh is easier, however it is important to be in the same pose for a while. This is difficult and requires quite a bit of practice.
The muscles which are not generally used, are contracted in this bandh. This results in more blood supply to these muscles thereby improving their efficiency. This is the obvious benefit of this bandh. Also, the muscles surrounding Muladhar Chakra are contracted and the pressure of such contraction is definitely felt on the Muladhar Chakra. Kundalini power, which is supposed to be residing at the chakra, is awakened due to the practice of this bandh. However, it cannot be definitely stated as to the duration for which the bandh is to be practised for such awakening of the Kundalini power. The beneficial effect of this bandh is also felt on the nerves attached to the muscles involved in the bandh. It is stated that the bandh is to be practised while doing Pranayam. While performing pranayam, the blood is accumulated around the waist. Practice of this bandh results in circulation of this accumulated blood.
The real study and practice of this bandh is to retain it for maximum period. A duration of 5 to 120 seconds may not generate beneficial effects of this bandh. The bandh has to be retained for at least 3 to 4 minutes. With further practice, the duration can be increased to 5 minutes.
If the bandh is not performed properly, it can affect the digestive system in a bad way. This results in indigestion or similar other ailments of the digestive system. Hence, the bandh should be practised under expert guidance.
Persons suffering from hernia, piles etc should not as far as possible perform this bandh. If such a person wants to perform this bandh, onset of any symptoms described above should be immediately reported to experts and the bandh performed under their guidance.
One woman’s story of her spontaneous and unexpected Kundalini Awakening . . .
Alloya’s personal experience of Kundalini–Serpent Energy
The [Kundalini] Serpent once awoken, rebuilds the ladder of consciousness, the DNA helixes which make up our genetic makeup. Then we are able to ascend the ladder of the DNA to a heightened consciousness, and thus emanate ourselves in higher dimensional expression.
As the Kundalini awakens, it brings with it an energy, which spring-cleans the entire energetic system; it clears unresolved physical and emotional distress from the body. Some of the distress is from experiences that you have had in this lifetime; some of the distress is from the memories that your body carries, from your experiences in past lives. With the activation of the Kundalini Serpent unresolved physical or emotional conditions come up for resolution and release. Therefore the Kundalini in its ascension becomes a clearing and healing force of energy.
As deep blockages are released, you may access memories and emotions associated with past trauma and injury both in this lifetime and in lives past. It is important to allow all that the Kundalini brings up for you, it is a powerful force and by allowing its flow, you are accelerating yourself along your spiritual path with great speed.
Where the Kundalini encounters a “block” (a resistance to flow) strange body movements or emotions called “kriyas “occur. Your teeth chatter, as your muscles flex and contract, you are shaking yourself loose, allowing blocks and stagnating energy to come to the surface to be released by the power of the Serpent.
If you have ever studied marital arts or yoga and have performed the standing stances, you will have noticed that after some time your muscles begin to shake uncontrollably, as the chi energy you are holding in your body works on the blocks that are in your muscles. This shaking is similar to the shaking that you experience when working with the Kundalini Serpent, as it rises through your body and eats away at your blocks. The difference is that the shaking is all over your body and not just isolated to one muscle group. This shaking can become painful and disturbing if you resist it and try to prevent it from happening, it is advisable to just allow the shaking and allow your body to move into this chaotic movement with ease, it is your body’s way of expressing the obstructions to energy. By allowing it to free flow you will come to a clear energy body much quicker, than if you try in any way to control or resist it.
A Kundalini awakening often generates unusual physiological activity as intense movement of energy releases the toxins in the body. Every block or pocket of stagnant energy has its physical counterpart in the form of a toxin. The activation of the Serpent causes the body to want to rid itself of the toxins that have attached themselves to the toxic thoughts and emotions that you carry from the experiences you have had in this lifetime, and also the negativity that you carry from your past lives.
Pain and discomfort can arise anywhere in the body where a block is situated, especially along the chakra points along the spine.
- The release of these toxins can cause gastrointestinal disturbances, it is often that you will feel sick with each release and may even rid yourself of the toxins by vomiting or having diarrhoea.
- The nervous system can also be affected, people have reported sweating and having hot and cold flushes, similar symptoms to the flu, as the toxins are released.
- Headaches too can arise especially when the Serpent energy comes to the area of the head and pushes through the blocks in the third eye and brow chakra.
- The senses are often heightened, so over-sensitivity to light can hurt the eyes, as well as loud and harsh noises can make hearing painful.
- The nervous system can become highly strung and cause hyperactivity, or it can become depleted and cause lethargy.
- These changes in energy levels can cause you to feel unwell and this in turn can affect your sexual drive and performance.
- Symptoms can be erratic, coming and going without provocation, but are generally unresponsive to medical treatment. This can leave you confused as you rush off to the doctors only to find that your symptoms have disappeared, only to return a week later.
There are many ways that you can aid the ascension of the Kundalini through your body, you may be guided to move the body into postures and perform certain movements to aid the energy, as it moves through your blocks. Be natural and allow your body to show you which stances or movements it wishes you to perform, to aid the body whilst it goes through this process.
Yoga Postures and Mudras
Many yoga positions were created, by those who had activated the Kundalini and observed its ascension through the body. What is important is that you allow your body to guide you in its movements, you may appear strange to others watching, that is not your concern. What is your concern is that you allow the Kundalini to move through your blocks and to bring you closer and closer to your true self and expression.
- Some people find themselves performing yogic postures or hand mudra gestures, which they have never learned or could not do, in a normal state of consciousness, whilst they go through their Kundalini activation.
Hand mudra gestures are a sacred hand signing language, which harnesses the cosmic energies of the Universe and enacts them through hands gestures. There are currents of energy, which travel down each of the fingers, and by moving the fingers in certain sequences; it is possible to express the language of the stars and the Universe itself, through the hands. This language if understood goes way beyond anything that words could tell. Those who are riding the waves of the Serpent will naturally and automatically find themselves performing these mudras. This is not just a form of communication; it is a healing tool too. The currents of energy that run around the body which make up the meridian and chakric systems are reflected in the hands and fingers and by moving them into certain positions, this brings the whole body and its systems into alignment with the energy of the Universal Soul Self, thus bringing about balance.
Some people may produce Sanskrit words or sounds, or have an awareness of inner music, mantras or tones. Every energy in the Universe has its equivalent tone or sound.
- I found that when my Kundalini activated, I made very strange sounds, some of which sounded like an animal, others sounded like a strange alien language, which I believe it was.
- I found that as the Kundalini moved through each of the chakras the sounds, tones and words changed to reflect the blocks that were present in the energy centres.
- These sounds changed as I pushed through the blocks, they changed from screams and moans to much more harmonious tones, to reflect the new healing energy that my Serpent energy brought to each of the chakras.
- There are sacred healing words and tones which the Kundalini will activate as it ascends the body. Even the negative blocks and memories from past lives which are held in the cells of the body, have their own sounds.
- All of these energies in the body whether they are negative or positive need to be expressed. Let go and allow yourself to express yourself through the voice, it is a wonderful tool and aid to your awakening.
- Every chakra in the body has its own tone or sound and these too need to be expressed, this will aid them in coming back into alignment with the Universal Soul Self. It does not matter that you do not understand the language that you will speak as the Kundalini travels through each of the chakras, for many of the words that you speak are of an ancient tongue. (I found that many of the words I spoke sounded similar to Aramaic or ancient Hebrew, a language of the ancient races.)
The olfactory system can be stimulated with the Kundalini activation, with perception of scents such as sandalwood, rose or incense. Many have reported smelling bad smells, as they clear their blocks and negativity. All of the senses are heightened and expanded, allowing you to expand your perception whilst going through your Kundalini activation. I found that each self also had its own unique scent and as they combined so did their scents. Each self added to the over all scent until it resembled a complex and wonderful perfume. This scent stayed with me for some days after my first experience of the Kundalini activation. Even other people commented on my wonderful new perfume.
The Kundalini activation can bring with it an expansion of perception, which is outside of the usual consensus of reality, people can experience visual phenomena, they may have visions of lights, symbols, entities, or a complete review of past life experiences.
- Some people even lose their sense of having a body, or they feel much bigger than their body, or even find themselves floating outside of their body, this can be rather confusing and disorientating.
- I went through many states of feeling different associations to my body, sometimes I felt so small and other times larger than the planet itself.
- I switched from one feeling to another in a matter of seconds and this in itself was rather disorientating, I called this feeling “big, little, big, little.”
- My vision was opened up immensely during my Kundalini activation. I could see very clearly the energies all around me as well as the various other dimensional beings that were my selves, guides and friends. I could see the energies that were present in my body, both the negative and the positive.
Psychological and/or Psychic Changes
Often with the activation of the Kundalini there comes an opening up of psychic abilities, a person may experience precognition, telepathy, psycho-kinesis, and may even become aware of auras and develop instant healing abilities.
- The Kundalini takes you into altered states of consciousness where you can directly perceive the unity underlying the world of separation and experience a deep peace and serenity with a profound knowing and wisdom.
- You will come to know yourself on a very deep level where words cannot truly express. You will come to know the many aspects that make up your multidimensional Soul Self. You experience your whole self; you gain a sense of being one, as the many selves and many levels of your Universal Soul self show themselves to you during your activation.
- You gain a sense of not being separated from them, you no longer see them as separate beings to you (seeing them as guides or friends) but perceive them as parts of your over all self. With this new perspective you can look outside of yourself and also see the unity which is in the so called outside world. This sense of unity expands until you see yourself as the whole Universe, with absolutely nothing being separated from you. Separation after all is an illusion.
In some cases, the activation of the Kundalini can be an intense psychological experience, which is so acute that it can resemble a psychotic episode.
- Many doctors still regard this phenomenon as indicative of pathology because the signs are so easily confused with psychosis, mania, depression, schizophrenia or borderline personality disorder.
- Many people undergoing Kundalini activations are misdiagnosed and treated with medication, which further complicates the process.
- When Kundalini awakening happens to people who are not on a spiritual path or who have no context or framework to understand the bewildering upheaval of mind, body and spirit, the experience can leave them fragile and confused.
- There were several times during my Kundalini activations that I thought I was going mad. I did not run off to the doctors with fears of insanity.
[Ego is one’s sense of separation and self-definition.] You have to be prepared to lose the little ego self to gain the much bigger identity of your Multidimensional Soul Self. This giving up of the little ego self can cause great fear, willingness is not all that is required of you, you have to be brave and allow a mysterious and daring process to occur to bring you further along the path that takes you to the source of your true self.
The ego is made up of defense mechanisms which are activated when the Kundalini is fired into action. The ego’s energy is situated in the solar plexus chakra. When the Kundalini moves into this centre, the ego’s structure begins to disintegrate. You would think that you would lose all sense of self with this disintegration. However this is not the case, as the small ego self moves out of the picture, the real true self takes it place. The power that is perceived within the ego is an illusion, it takes focus and energy to keep this small self’s illusion going. The energy that is freed up when the ego disintegrates fuels the transformation and aids you into stepping into the space of your bigger true identity, your Universal Soul Self.
The sickness that many feel when the Kundalini activates is the poison which is released when the ego disintegrates. The Serpent in itself is not poisonous but the process that it takes you through can be toxic, as all the negative energy which is held within the ego is released into the system to be cleared. It is important that this poison is cleared from the body. Drinking plenty of water, for it helps, as water is a carrier of energy and it has the ability to cleanse not only the physical body but also the emotional, mental and spiritual.
You may have too many blocks within your chakras for the Kundalini to pass through without causing harm, as this is possible with premature activations. It may simply be that it is not appropriate for you to have the activation, it may not be the right time, or the right stage in your spiritual development.
- Your body may not be healthy or fit enough to handle the activation. It is advisable if you want to walk this path of spiritual awakening to become as fit and healthy as you can. It is a tiring and can be an overwhelming process to go through and you need the support of your body.
- Spend some weeks before your activation eating high energy foods, to increase the power of the physical body.
- If you have fear of the activation or if you are telling yourself you should request this, rather than waiting for the impulse from your Soul, then the activation is not for you. The request must come from the Soul and not the rational mind or ego. Be open to the impulse and if it does not come do not force it, or judge yourself, just know it is not for you.
The arrival of the Goddess Kundalini in each of the chakras causes each centre to vibrate intensely and to function fully. For the Goddess purifies the centres and brings the energetic body into true balance.
The chakras resume their respective functions but in a far more integrated or harmonious way.
I had studied a lot of the literature regarding the Kundalini activation, I had always been curious as to what it entailed but thought I was light years away from ever experiencing anything like it. I thought it was only for the enlightened .I tried a few meditations but they had little effect. I read about those who had activated their Kundalini through yoga, chanting and meditation, and those who had been triggered by a guru or master. I thought this was the only route to the activation of the Kundalini.
I was awoken by a single kiss by my prince charming. An itchy heat began to spread around the base of my spine. The heat increased and as it did a pressure feeling. Every time I thought about my Twin Flame the heat increased and so did the pressure in my base chakra. At first I thought it was some strange excitement stimulated by the thought of how amazing the kiss had been. But as it began to build more and more I realized something much more was going on. The heat increased until my base chakra felt like it was on fire. The pressure feeling increased until my base chakra began to pulse; at first it was only subtle. Then it began to increase in strength until my base chakra began to pound and pump energy up my spine. I could feel my base chakra spinning faster and faster.
As the pumping increased the energy began to move up my body through the middle column of my spine. I realized that this energy was my Kundalini activating, as it spiraled as it ascended up my body.
[Her story continues here–if you want to read more.]
As well as the chakric system there is a fine network of channels which travels around the entire energetic body, much like the veins and arteries within the physical. This network is called the Meridian system.
It is a fine network of channels which transport energy around the energetic body and this also filters energy to the third dimensional physical body. Where two meridians cross a node is formed, these can become congested with negative energy and block the free flow. There are many new age therapies which address this problem, such as acupuncture and reflexology.
The Kundalini energy when activated travels up the spine from base to crown clearing out the channels and then passes through the chakras, clearing them of negativity and bringing them back into balance.
There are three channels which run up the spine, the main middle channel and two that snake or weave around the middle channel either side. One is called the Ida and it is female in its vibration, the other is called the Pingala and is male in its vibration. The Kundalini travels up the middle channel on activation.
Once you have awoken the Serpent you must coax it or tame it, into moving around the body. It is possible to unblock the meridian system by channeling the Serpent energy along various routes, taking it to the nodes in the meridian system which are blocked and are in need of re-balancing.
Not only is it possible to unblock the meridian system, it is also possible to be able to bring the whole of the energetic body into an elevated state of consciousness by fine tuning the meridian system. It is then possible to anchor into the body, the energies of the higher dimensional aspects that you have within your multi dimensional identity.
The various aspects that make up your multidimensional consciousness enter the body and can anchor their energetic signature into the matrix or network.
Their presence alone raises the frequency of the energetic body and in turn this affects the physical body, and thus this aids the raising of the physical body’s vibrational rate.
This raising of vibrational rate is a perquisite to your ascension from the third dimension to the fifth dimension.
This is the transformation that is occurring on the planet Earth at this time.
[Her story continues here–if you want to read more.]
As part of Kundalini awakening, Alloya (a healer in the UK), suggests using a Transformation Process–to aid the integration of the various Soul aspects, or selves. If you’re curious, here is one example of a do-it-yourself transformation process she describes:
1) Find somewhere comfortable to sit where you will be not be disturbed. You need a comfortable upright chair. It is not advisable to lie down as you may fall asleep. It is important to sit up right and be focused yet comfortable. Do not cross the arms or legs, as this stops the flow of energy.
2) Close the eyes. (I know you will have to do this online process with your eyes open to read. However, when you practice the process alone, it is advisable to remove all distractions and close the eyes.)
3) Take some really deep breaths. When I say deep, I mean deep. Many of you do not breathe with a half of your lung capacity. I really want to see you breathe deeply, so that your belly moves visibly in and out. Those of you who breathe in the upper chest are often the ones -in a process such as this- who stay locked in their heads and do not complete the process. The only hard part about doing a technique such as this is allowing your awareness to drop from the mind into the body. The emotions are often triggered if we breathe deeper in our belly. Many of us breathe shallow when we are frightened, to try to control the emotions that are churning in our bellies. We know ways to control our emotions and keep them locked in the body. We have many defence mechanisms which are in place to protect us from feeling these emotions. Only through your breathing and focus will you get beyond the body’s defence mechanisms. Follow the breathe into the body. Many of you are not even in your bodies at all. To get into your body fully may take some time. Be patient with yourself and do not let your head get in the way. Stay focused.
4) Take your awareness fully into your body and really feel what your body feels like. Have a good look around in the body and feel what is going on inside all areas of your form. Once you feel that you are really aware in your body, we can move on. It may take some time for you to complete this stage; it is often at this point that the client will go back into their head and begin to think all sorts of distracting things to prevent the process. It is important that you do not put yourself down for this but try again. Take deep breathes as this always silences the mind. Bring your awareness back into the body and really feel what is going on. The reason you are running back into your head is because this is your body’s main defense mechanism in action. It is important to get out of the head and into the body, or this process simply will not work. Take your time until you know for sure you are focused in your body, and then we can continue.
5) Begin to think about your issue, the problem you brought to the session. Think about it in all its aspects and all its layers. As you do, your emotional body will begin to respond and you should allow this surfacing of the emotions. Do not analyze them as this will put you back in your head. Just simply feel. Notice where in your body reacts to these thoughts and emotions connected with the issue. Where in your body do you feel uncomfortable? Is it in your belly, legs, solar plexus, or head? Find your uncomfortable place. Once you have found your uncomfortable place, take your awareness much deeper into this place, and really feel how uncomfortable it really is. Stay focused on this place, really feel it.
6) In your mind put out a request for the energy of your Soul to come to you. Simply request it. Your Soul will build its energy in the air around your body. Do not worry if you cannot see anything or even feel anything. Just trust that it is there for you. Once there is enough of your Soul’s energy in the air around your body, you can breathe in the energy of your Soul. You will just get a sense of when this is. Do not worry if it is not so obvious to you at first. Like I said, it takes some time before you are aware of your Soul’s energy. Just trust! Begin to really breathe in the energy of your Soul. Try to get as much of your Soul’s energy in your body as you possibly can. Get your Soul’s energy into every single cell of your body. Especially breathe down into the uncomfortable place. Get as much as you can of your Soul’s energy into the place where the negativity is situated.
7) Keep breathing in the energy of your Soul into this uncomfortable place. Once you have enough energy in this place, you can share your experience with your Soul. Your Soul is in your body -it can see and feel everything that you are seeing and feeling right now. So allow your Soul to see and feel all those emotions connected to your issue and is held in this place. Let your Soul see how uncomfortable this place really is. Keep breathing in its energy and allow it to see and feel it all.
8) At this early stage of the process usually one of two things happens. Either you begin to access your emotions in a deeper way than normal. Or you go back into your head and refuse to feel. Do not worry if this happens to you, simply bring your focus back to your body and begin to think about your issue to access how you feel about it and allow your Soul to see it with you. It is so very important to not edit anything or block anything from your Soul. Your Soul will not judge you not matter what. It loves you and is here to support you. You must allow your emotions to flow. Do not try to block them or push them away. Just allow.
9) When your Soul comes close to your body, it will bring up anything that is in the way of you standing in your Truth. Therefore you will find that your emotions come up strong and you will be sometimes overwhelmed. Just allow any emotion that wants to come up to be expressed. Do not worry and think you are going to cry forever. This process moves at an incredible rate, and you will moving into the next layer before you know it.
10) Once you have really explored this negativity, your Soul will bring you your Truth. The Soul will build the energy of Truth in the air around your body, just like it did with its own energy. You may not even be aware of this, as you will be deep in your emotions. However, saying this, you will definitely feel it when you take the Truth into your body. You will find that all of a sudden you will take a very deep breathe. It may even catch your breathe. You will feel the tingle of the energy of Truth as it enters your body, removing the negativity and replacing it with Soul’s light. You may find that you have to take a few deep breathes to get the Truth in. Especially breathe it into the uncomfortable place. This process at this point pretty much takes care of itself; once there is enough Soul energy in your body it takes care of itself . All you have to do is breathe and allow all feelings and emotions.
11) Now the process could stop there, but often it does not. Once you have peeled away one layer, there are often more and more. One issue is often connected to another, and this creates layers within the negative patterning. The process will continue much as above until you either run out of physical energy and have had enough for one day, or you hit a core issue. (More about core issues below.)
12) Once your Soul has removed the negativity through the emotional expression, it will fill the cells of your body with your Truth. All you should do is allow, and breathe, and relax. This is the point where the transformation of the cells is occurring. You may feel tingles, numbness, cold; these are all symptoms of the high energy going into your body. Do not worry about any strange body feelings; these will subside. At this point it is possible to communicate with your Soul; you can talk with your Soul. You may get information in words, pictures, or feelings. What ever way it comes is fine. Just allow. Breathe in the energy of the message; really let your body feel it.
13) Once you feel that the process is complete, thank your Soul for working with you and feel how much it loves you.
14) Start to bring your awareness back into the room -really take your time. Sometimes it is hard to come back after such an experience; take your time. Make sure you are totally back and grounded. Open your eyes.
15) Always drink plenty of water after this session, as this work releases the toxins in the body, and if you get a head ache it is because you have not drunk enough water. You can repeat this process as many times as you like. It is designed as an ascension tool that you can learn to use not only within a specific process, but also in your every day life. Try breathing in your Truth when you are experiencing negativity in your everyday life; this will transform your experience in the moment. Your Soul is always around you. It just needs your permission to support you.
If you enjoyed reading the story of Alloya’s kundalini awakening (above) then you’ll likely also enjoy the following . . .
The Story of a Man’s Spontaneous and Unexpected Kundalini Awakening:
Life is an adventure, especially when Gaia’s kundalini energy is coming online. Millions of us are at least starting to join Gaia and awaken a little bit . . . and none too soon.
When you start the kundalini the snake will become manageable for some time, forever maybe even. Capitalize on it and search for answers. After you liberate yourself you see what humans really are, we are Gods ourselves, we are just learning here on this plane. . . . Fight all negative emotion with spiritual powers you acquire. Doing that you can liberate yourself in various ways, learn all past judgement on yourself was dumb and weighing you down. You forget who you are because who you were was once defined by other people. By dropping their judgement and even your own you instantly change as a person.
The goal is to never stop. At first you do a few leaps and it feels like you’ve gone forward like a foot. After awhile you are doing leaps that are like 1 kilometer. After awhile you look back and think “Holy shit to think I used to respect the opinions of those people.” Once you get to that point you are golden, run with it.
I swear anything you find in the void of intuition is better than anything anyone can teach you on earth. Just run into all undiscovered places.
Once you run into places you didn’t know exist you’ll figure out more things and then go into other places you didn’t know exist. It’s entirely a mind game so just follow your thoughts. For me it was “Do you think this is possible?” then I’d research, the answer was always yes.
After awhile came the question to defeat all other questions I asked myself. “Is the entire world a massive control system, filled with lies to deceive the masses?” The answer I came to was yes. That’s when you know and you can see what is happening from a whole new perspective. – Unknown
As Bill Hicks noted:
To force the awakening of the Kundalini before we are physically, psychologically and morally ready could cause grave consequences. One never calls upon the Goddess Kundalini for curiosity or selfish reasons. The Kundalini force is fifth dimensional and, like a dry leaf could not stand a fire’s blaze, our untamed egos could not survive the rise of Kundalini’s Serpent Fire.
Therefore, all the darkness and fear that is trapped within every chakra must be cleared. This clearing can be painful, but as it is completed we can experience life with a level of peace and joy that was once unimaginable. This clearing of darkness from each and every chakra is best down with unconditionally loving our self, chakra-by-chakra.
Where To Start? Clear Negative Traumas Held in the Body.
Traumas often get stored in the body–and may attract more of the same.
- We all have been hurt or have traumatic memories. Carrying unprocessed traumatic memories delays the integration of lessons learned. (Source)
- Here’s some ideas for how to process and clear and heal traumas stored in the body–try ’em all:
- An insightful blogger named Parker suggests several common-sense approaches to clearing and healing traumas being held in the body: here, here, here, and here.
- Cameron Day, an energy healer in the US, suggests a Self-Clearing System (also here).
- Alloya, a healer in the UK, suggests a Transformation Process (also here)–to aid the healing and integration of the various Soul aspects, or selves.
- Suzanne Lie, a channeler in the US, in a blog post, suggests a do-it-yourself, seven week clearing process: [ HERE ]–to clear “all the darkness and fear that is trapped within every chakra.”
- Dancing with the Kundalini
- Kundalini Awakening (meroveeschild.wordpress.com)
- Kundalini Discussion Board: http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=266951