Real data–not politicians’ mush . . .
10 Reasons For Hope and Optimism
Or, Why We’re Not All Screwed
10 Inspiring trends . . . we are in the midst of a huge shift . . .
Reason #1: Humans Are Not Lemmings! Global Population Leveling Off
The world recently witnessed the birth of the seven billionth human on our planet. That’s a lot of people! But did you know that the pessimistic predictions of a few decades ago that a lemming-like population bomb would drive humanity over the cliff of self-extinction are turning out not to be true? As the whole world gets wealthier and more secure, the desire for having many kids is dropping.
The average number of children per woman has been declining rapidly for decades. According to official UN data, the average number of children per woman worldwide for the period 1965 to 1970 was 4.85. Yet 40 years later, for the period of 2005 to 2010, that number dropped nearly 50% to 2.52! And the numbers continue to decline. Most experts predict that global population will level out by about 2100 at around 10 billion and may even decrease after that. And if we use our resources wisely, we can easily support that number of people. Yea!!!
- Read a Discovery News article titled “Population to Bulge, But Will Hit Ceiling” at this link.
- Check out an article in the respected journal Nature on population projections available here.
- For a New York Times article titled “Dire Poverty Falls Despite Global Slump,” click here.
Additional great news is that statistics show global life expectancy has increased from only 30 years in the early 1800s to 50 years in 1955, and on up to 68 years in 2010. And even though the top 1% of the population has taken most of the profits in recent years, average global income has risen dramatically in the last 200 years. For a fun and powerfully inspiring five-minute video presentation by statistics guru Hans Rosling beautifully showing these exciting trends, click here. Rosling debunks many other pessimistic global statistics on his excellent website at this link.
Don’t ignore the bad stuff, but make a point of celebrating the beautiful stuff with all the exuberant devotion you can muster. ~~ Rob Brezsny in his fun book Pronoia is the Antidote for Paranoia
Reason #2: Solar Power Soon Cheaper Than Coal, Gas, and Oil
The major media sadly have given very little attention to the exciting fact that we are already very close to solar energy becoming less expensive for energy generation than gas, coal, and oil. This is a huge game changer! If we no longer depend on big oil for our energy needs, we naturally gain an unprecedented level of energy independence that strengthens us as individuals and weakens the strangling grip of the greedy energy megacorporations.
If you explore major media websites, you’ll find unbelievably little coverage of the amazing hope and promise of energy independence related to solar energy. Nor will you see much about other incredible new energy sources which have the potential to make energy virtually free for all people on our planet. Think about the implications of that! Thankfully, a few little-publicized media articles by mainstream sources have reported on some of these highly promising new energy technologies. Explore the links below for more exciting information on all of this.
- Read an inspiring Businessweek article at this link showing that solar power is projected to become less expensive than coal for energy generation within just a few years.
- An excellent two-page summary available here shows that little-known new energy sources would almost certainly be cheaper than gas and oil now were it not for four key forces.
- For an inspiring online lesson exploring deep into powerful new energy sources, any one of which would likely revolutionize our way of life and give access to infinite energy in the not too distant future, click here.
After we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. Then, for the second time, man will have discovered fire. ~~ Teilhard de Chardin
Reason #3: The Internet Miracle – Unprecedented Networking, Information Access
Thanks to the amazing miracle of the Internet, humanity is interconnected around the world like never before. Facebook, twitter, change.org, and thousands of other social networking websites allow us to develop and maintain relationships with hundreds of people around the world, and to quickly and effectively spread the word far and wide on great causes. Caring and concerned groups like avaaz.org and many others can now pool legitimate electronic signatures of hundreds of thousands of people for political and social petitions sometimes in a matter of days.
Where in the past the major media and those in power often set or at least limited the terms of debate in our world, the Internet now allows any idea whose time has come to spread like wildfire without any censorship from above. Pirate radio stations continually harassed by the powers that be are a thing of the past, as anyone can now set up a podcast or a blog and reach not just a local, but a worldwide audience. And you can set up your own website to promote any interest which matches your passion. It’s incredibly easy and free these days.
- Start your own petition online and reach thousands of readers by going to the webpage on change.org which teaches you how at this link.
- Join over 10 million members worldwide in taking action to build a better world at avaaz.org.
- Read an inspiring article on how the Internet is a big game changer in our world at this link.
Those who know how to check and verify information using reliable sources can now quickly and easily carry out legitimate research to expose greed and corruption. This has forced unwanted transparency onto politicians and government in a way that empowers us all. Even intelligence agents around the world are realizing how they have been manipulated by the powers that be, and many are now secretly working to expose all the craziness. I’ve had several contact me personally. And have you noticed that almost every significant bill to limit Internet freedom has failed? Yea!!!
For great examples of how the Internet is a game changer, explore the case of former FBI translator and whistleblower Sibel Edmonds. It’s remarkable not only that she’s not in jail, but that she’s breaking her gag order by self-publishing her tell-all book Classified Woman. The fact that I have never been bothered for my whistleblowing as a White House interpreter and for my muckraking on WantToKnow.info is another inspiring example. For more great information you could not have accessed before, check out Project Censored, David Wilcock, and the Transformation Team.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. ~~ Goethe
Reason #4: Children More Loved, Supported Than Past Generations
100 years ago, if parents wanted professional advice on how best to raise their children, the only sources they could turn to might be Sigmond Freud or their family doctor. Now a plethora of great resources is available in books, websites, and health clinics around the world. Back then, corporal punishment was considered the norm and no one dared talk about physical or sexual abuse. Nowadays, child abuse can quickly be reported and stopped, and parents around the world are finding many ways to be more loving and supportive of their kids than even a generation ago.
Partially as a result of these changes, the generation of children growing up now is more tolerant and accepting of widely differing lifestyles and a broad diversity of people and cultures than ever before. In this modern culture where everyone is increasingly interconnected, we’re likely in for some big and wonderful changes as the harsh old guard retires and successive generations of increasingly caring individuals move into positions of influence in our world.
- Watch a heart-warming, five-minute video beautifully showing the kind of love some newborns are receiving today, here in the form of a baby’s first bath at this link.
- For a great article showing how drastically child rearing practices have changed and improved over the centuries, from common infanticide to what is called the “helping mode,” click here.
- A hopeful ABC News article relating the awesome news of a 60% decrease in child sexual abuse over the last 20 years is available here.
- Time magazine’s best-selling cover story “Are You Mom Enough?” shows the extremes to which some parents will go now to make sure their kids feel loved and supported. The article describes practices that would have been considered crazy just a couple generations ago. See the provocative cover photo and read the full story at this link and this one.
- Read an inspiring New York Times article about a new breed of children being referred to as the Indigo children at this link. The title of the article is “Are They Here to Save the world?”
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. ~~ Antione de Saint Exupéry in The Little Prince
Reason #5: Violent Crime Dropping Dramatically, Wars Much Less Vicious
Violent crime rates have been dropping dramatically for 20 years. Official U.S. Department of Justice statistics show that violent crime rates of 2010 were 1/3 the rates of 1994! Other countries are experiencing a similar decline. And deaths of law enforcement officers are at their lowest in 50 years according to this Boston Globe article, while according to official FBI statistics, rape rates have dropped to one-sixth of what they were 20 years ago! How awesome is that!!! Yet if you just watch the sensationalized news on TV, you might never know about these inspiring trends.
Consider also that 1,000 years ago, rape and pillaging were felt to be the natural spoils of war. The severed heads of enemies hung above the gates on the city wall greeted those who entered there. War atrocities were once the norm, where today they are prosecuted in international courts.
And the number of war deaths has dropped significantly since the over 15 million killed in WWI and roughly 60 million killed in WWII. Roughly three million were killed in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars. Since then, only two wars in Africa and the Soviet war against Afghanistan have had more than a million casualties. We still have a long way to go, but at least wars are now significantly less vicious, and we’ve managed not to destroy ourselves in a nuclear holocaust.
- Read an MSNBC/Associated Press article showing a 70% decline in crime rates at this link.
- Check out a great article with lots of links to reliable sources showing how the media has downplayed the inspiring news of the major drop in crime rates at this link.
- For a Harvard professor’s talk, “The Surprising Decline in Violence,” which graphically shows how war has become much less lethal over the centuries and decades, click here.
- For a list of major wars and manmade disasters which caused the most deaths, click here.
- Explore an excellent online lesson on key, little-known causes behind war and the hidden agendas of the military/industrial complex available here.
Naturally the common people don’t want war. It is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people [into war], whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. ~~ Nazi leader Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg trials.
Reason #6: Focus Shifting from Left vs. Right to 99% vs. 1% to the Human Family
The terms of political debate have rapidly shifted in the last few years. As recently as 2007, the public was sharply divided into liberal versus conservative camps with people fighting over issues which exacerbated the left/right divide. For thousands of years, the global elite have used the “divide and conquer” strategy to keep the public fighting against each other, while they reaped the spoils of the conflict they incited. Keeping people in conflict and at war with each other is highly profitable for those who sell weapons and fear.
The global financial crisis of 2008, however, has changed all that. Now you find conservative Tea Party groups working together with liberal new-age groups in the Occupy movement to stop the incessant flow of wealth from the 99% to the wealthiest 1%. And it’s only a matter of time before people really get it that we’re all one human family doing our best to survive and thrive on this beautiful planet we call home. Maybe it’s time for all of us to occupy our hearts. 99% + 1% = 100%.
- Read summaries of key major media articles exposing the manipulations of the banksters and huge financial institutions at this link.
- Explore a profound and inspiring online essay titled “Beyond Duality” available here.
- For a website showing how deeply interconnected we all are and exercises to open more to the heart connection we all share, click here.
The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart? ~~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Reason #7: Man Behind the Curtain Exposed – The Global Power Elite
As the public became aware of the massive greed and market manipulations of the banking elite during the financial crisis, an increasing amount of attention was focused on the global power elite. Where in the past people who talked about the immense power of secretive organizations like the Bilderberg Group and Skull and Bones were considered crazy “conspiracy theorists,” now many caring citizens are exploring what these and other very real secret groups of the power elite of our world are doing. Even the once-reluctant media is now helping to expose these secrets.
- Read revealing summaries of major media articles exposing power elite gatherings like the Bilderberg Group, Skull and Bones, Davos, the Bohemian Grove, and more at this link.
- For a concise, excellent summary describing methods used by the power elite to control the public, and how that is now changing thanks to people like you and me, click here.
- When governments use terrorism laws to silence journalists, anti-terrorism has run its course. (slate.com)
- Explore a well researched online lesson exposing the role of the power elite in fomenting wars, polarizing the public, and what we can do about it at this link.
Once very effective in keeping their secret meetings off the public radar screen, the global power elite now realize that the jig is up. Their manipulations are being closely scrutinized, forcing them to act more responsibly. Entrenched factions of this elite are still struggling desperately to hold on to the vast amount of control they once exercised through using sophisticated technologies like HAARP, non-lethal weapons, and more. Yet these factions now find themselves in the minority, as even many members of the power elite say it’s all gone too far.
Due to these internal pressures, the global power elite has become increasingly fractured, with many factions battling for differing agendas like never before. Even the most power-hungry factions are overwhelmed now with fighting to put out the fires caused by whistleblowers and newly emerging movements around the world. Little-known groups of intelligence agents like “The Library” are working behind the scenes to undermine global manipulations and support positive change for all in our world. The old “need to know” culture of secrecy is inexorably giving way to rapid information sharing which serves all of us in building a better world. What exciting times we live in!
In societies with strong power elites, the powerholders’ power is dependent on the co-operation, acquiescence, and tacit support of the great majority of common citizens. ~~ Bill Moyer
Reason #8: Interest in Personal Growth, Consciousness Expansion on the Rise
As people around the world awaken to the previously hidden shadow side of our world, they are also opening more to new ways of looking at life and the inspiring light side of our world. Ever increasing numbers are seeing that life is not all about sex, money, and consumerism, and that we can find more joy and satisfaction through exploring deeper into personal growth and into the role of consciousness in our lives and in human development.
Mainstream scientists are now studying various aspects of consciousness and finding that we have much more creative power in our lives than was once believed. Dr. Bruce Lipton’s pioneering cell biology research suggests that, contrary to popular belief, genes are not the primary regulators of life. Rather the way we perceive our life and world may be a key factor in determining gene activity. And experts in the field of quantum physics are confirming that for deeper understanding of our world, it may be impossible to separate the physical world from the consciousness that perceives it.
Innovative communication and conflict resolution techniques like nonviolent communication are helping us to to move through challenges with each other with more love and compassion. Interest in transformative near-death experiences, the healing properties of psychoactive substances, young children with detailed memories of past lives, the so-called “indigo children,” the holographic model of the universe, and much more are on the rise. These and more are inspiring us to reconsider just what reality is and how our consciousness plays a role in shaping the reality in which we live.
People all over are stretching beyond their old belief systems and opening to the possibility that we are all much more connected than we once thought. Many are increasingly developing and refining their life purpose and intentions so that they can move with greater focus and clarity as they consciously create the life and world they envision. We are living ever more fully Mahatma Gandhi’s inspiring words, “Be the change you want to see.”
- For a concise guide with simple, yet practical suggestions designed to help you develop, refine, and more fully live your life purpose and intentions, click here.
- For an excellent, thought-provoking essay on fluid intelligence and how flexibility in thinking is literally changing the paradigm in which we live, click here.
There is a vitality, a life force, an energy that is translated through you into action. There is only one you in all time. This expression is unique. If you block your unique expression, it will never exist through any other medium. It is not your business to determine how good it is. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. ~~ Martha Graham
Reason #9: Love and Cooperation Are Rockin’ Our World!
Ever more people around the world are embracing the interconnectedness of each of us and of all humanity and all beings in the world and universe around us. It’s exciting to see growing numbers of people opening to love and cooperation and finding a rich variety of powerful ways to build a richer life and world for all of us. We are increasingly recognizing that every one of us can make a difference. Even simple acts such as a smile or a warm greeting can turn around a person’s day and make the whole world a little brighter for us all.
There are an incredible number of people, websites, and organizations beautifully spreading love and cooperation in our world today! So many shining examples like Nipun Mehta, who has spread love and inspiration far and wide with his DailyGood and weekly KarmaTube email lists. Websites like Moment of Love and The Love Foundation are inviting people to realize that every person in the world has heart, and everyone has a place in their heart that just wants to love and be loved. Great organizations like Challenge Day, idealist.org, and the HeartMath Institute are helping break down the barriers between us and bring us together with ever more love and joy.
- To invite more love, inspiration, and cooperation into your life, explore some of the great links provided in the paragraph above.
- For an amazingly inspiring, six-minute video titled “Blessed Unrest” showing how millions around the planet are coming together in unprecedented ways to transform our world through love and cooperation, click here. We are making a big difference!
- Explore the Web of Love website showing how deeply interconnected we all are and offering great exercises to open more to the heart connection we share with all beings, click here.
A wave of profound spirituality based in love and interconnectedness is sweeping the globe and changing the collective consciousness of all humanity. And while healthy competition has its place, people all around the world are cooperating in a variety of meaningful ways to focus more on what matters most in life and create a brighter future for all. Talk about exciting!!! Now is the time to step more fully into your power through love!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~~ Jimi Hendrix
Bonus Trend: Growing Awareness of Fraud By Government
The US bankster economy uses fraud to transfer trillions annually from We the People to them. This criminal “1%” represent our “debt-supply” as a “money supply,” represent bank debt that they made out of nothing as “loans,” and represent escalating government debts as having no solutions except our austerity rather than presenting obvious solutions in money and through public banking. This fraud costs Americans increasing work for less pay (if they can get work), increasing debt, inflation, deprivation of public services, and a transfer of wealth to a criminal-colluding 1% that hide ~$20 to $30 trillion in protected tax havens. About one million children die from preventable poverty every month from “developed” nations’ reneged promises for annual investment equal to one-half of one percent of this tax-free wealth for about ten years. Ending poverty reduces population growth in all historical cases, and according to the CIA is the best way to end terrorism. For “leaders” to withhold this option is fraud from people with legal fiduciary responsibility for comprehensively accurate information to those they represent. (Source)
Back in the day, the Illuminists could run years of predictive programming, carry out an event, and issue some BS cover story with virtual impunity. These days, the second they try to start the predictive programming phase, people all over the world immediately suss out their plans and spread the word. As a result, their manipulation playbook is now wide open for all to see, and it is therefore outmoded. Without their magician’s tricks, what are they but a million or so pirates standing naked before several billion humans? And with every passing second, more and more pairs of those billions of eyes are turning upon them. (Source)
The NSA leaks ended the power of Obama officials to ration access. No self-respecting journalist believes what they say
That is the punchline of the Snowden affair: when we can’t trust what government tells us, we come to trust those whom government doesn’t trust. Thus, we no longer necessarily care what the official line is and who delivers it. And when that happens, access – the currency of the Beltway – becomes worthless. Ah, the irony.
Time to Non-Comply . . .
We live in an upside-down world — a world where selling out is rewarded and standing up is punished — and walking an authentic path of truth and service in such a world can be painful. I also shared with her what another reader had told me about how she deals with the pain of being true to her path: “I sit in it until it doesn’t hurt anymore.” So if I were to extract a lesson about the consequences of following your heart and heeding your intuition from their experiences and my own, it would be as follows…
This is gonna hurt. Don’t resist the pain. Don’t run from it. And don’t complain that it’s unfair. Fair or not, IT IS. Embrace it. Realize that you are an invincible spark of God and let the pain flow through you. Over time, you’ll grow so strong that it won’t hurt anymore.
We, the seeming few who stand against the seemingly invincible foe, are the reeds that stand against the hurricane. It will blow us to and fro, but our roots reach deep into the Earth. And when the storm has finally spent all of its energy, it will be gone and we will be left standing. (Source)
“Sit In It Until It Doesn’t Hurt Anymore” means:
- Flee your comfort zone. It is a prison.
- Seek out what you fear, because that is the place where you need to grow.
- When you encounter fear, don’t look away. Look it dead in the eye until you stop wanting to blink.
- Stare at it until the fear melts away.
- Gaze at it until it makes you want to laugh.
- And look away only when you learn to love it. (Source)
Civil Disobedience: It is not a man’s duty, as a matter of course, to devote himself to the eradication of any, even the most enormous wrong…but it is his duty, at least, to wash his hands of it, and if he gives it no thought longer, not to give it practically his support (Thoreau, 1849).
- Myth of “developed” versus “developing” nations (ted.com)
- Good news: Huge victories achieved against GMOs, Big Pharma, animal cruelty
- When governments use terrorism laws to silence journalists, anti-terrorism has run its course. (slate.com)