By a vote of 558 to 367, a strong majority of lay and clerical delegates to the United Methodist General Conference called this week for a boycott of Israeli companies operating in Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT). (Source)
- The resolution denounces the Israeli occupation and the settlements in a sweeping indictment.
- It calls for “all nations to prohibit the import of products made by companies in Israeli settlements on Palestinian land.”
Mounting disapproval of Israeli occupation of Palestinian land:
- United Methodists Boycott Settlement Products (veteranstoday.com)
- The Methodist conference: Let’s call this victory what it is (mondoweiss.net)
- Israel Furious, Uk Supermarkets Boycott Israeli Settlement Products (socyberty.com)