“In a speech at Northwestern University yesterday, Attorney General Eric Holder provided the most detailed explanation yet for why the Obama administration believes it has the authority to secretly target U.S. citizens for execution by the CIA without even charging them with a crime, notifying them of the accusations, or affording them an opportunity to respond, instead condemning them to death without a shred of transparency or judicial oversight. The administration continues to conceal the legal memorandum it obtained to justify these killings, and, as The New York Times’ Charlie Savage noted, Holder’s “speech contained no footnotes or specific legal citations, and it fell far short of the level of detail contained in the Office of Legal Counsel memo…”. The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.
- | Defending the Indefensible: Holder Defends Execution Without Charges! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Holder Defends Execution Without Charges (1oneday.wordpress.com)
- | US legal experts destroy Obama’s Assassination Policy rationale + slam Democrats for supporting it! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Legal Experts Destroy Rationale for Obama’s Assassination Policy … And Slam Democrats for Supporting It (zerohedge.com)
- The ACLU and Obama’s Assassination Program (alethonews.wordpress.com)