Transocean Ltd., the company that owns the Deepwater Horizon oil rig that caused immeasurable damage to the Gulf, recently gave its top executives “two thirds of their total possible safety bonuses.”
This was despite the explosion of its oil rig that killed 11 people and spilled over 200 million gallons of toxic oil into the Gulf of Mexico.
Why did execs get “safety” bonuses?
For achieving the “best year in safety performance in our company’s history.”
Join me and say, “I do not condone this, I do not consent.”
- “Safety bonuses”: “Most senior managers were given two thirds of their total possible safety bonus.”
so called“safety record” in 2010: Deepwater Horizon explosions killed nine (9) Transocean employees, 17 others were injured
- Toxic oil “spilled” into the Gulf of Mexico: over 200 million gallons
- Families put out of work: estimated in the tens of thousands
- Fish and animals killed: estimated in the millions
Most outrageousSafety statement in the 2010 10-K annual report: “Exemplary statistical safety record . . . the best year in safety performance in our Company’s history” LoopholeJustification: Transocean leased the Deepwater Horizon to BP, so it has no liability for the spill and explosion.
Transocean CEO, Steven Newman at work:
Talking Point #1: A
underpaid hack spokesman for Transocean said : “The statements of fact in the proxy speak for themselves, but they do not and can not adequately convey the extent to which everyone at Transocean is keeping the families of the men who lost their lives at Macondo in their thoughts and prayers as we approach the first anniversary of the incident.” (Source: Wall Street Journal)
Talking Point #2: Transocean remains at odds with federal regulators seeking to compel its employees to testify next week at a hearing into the causes of the oil spill. (Source: Wall Street Journal)
Talking Point #3: CEO, Steven Newman, earned $4.3 million in cash bonuses, stocks and options. (Source: Wall Street Journal)
Talking Points #4, 5, 6: Bwahahahah ha!
Who could have known?
Consider that they are under the sway of a power that is a true replica of the one that dwelt in Mordor, ‘where shadows lie’.
. . . in an evil dream that is difficult to awaken from because the power in operation has all the assets of materialism to play with; gain and loss, fear and things to be in fear of, want, uncertainly, superstition and confusion.
It is epidemic across the world.
The essence of the insanity is, ‘every man for himself’ and that is what we are seeing.
The ones losing power know something is up and they are working over time to position themselves advantageously in case of whatever.
We wouldn’t possess the faith or the authority to do what we are going to do, unless the old world was revealed as the bankrupt swamp of thievery, murder and lies that it is. That is what you are seeing now. . . at every level of society.
The force and faith are being removed from the currencies . . . outright war of the rich upon the poor and middle class . . . no more rule of law . . . no more trusted institutions.
Critical mass implodes beneath the weight of the final straw . . . for the purpose of demonstration. (Source)
- Transocean Execs Get Bonuses after ‘Best Year in Safety,’ Despite Gulf Disaster (blogs.forbes.com)
- Transocean Cites Safety in Bonuses (WSJ)
- Transocean executives get bonuses (bbc.co.uk)
- Transocean Has Great Safety Year, Except For Those 11 Dead Workers (alan.com)
- Transocean Pays Executive Safety Bonuses After Incinerating 11 Workers in Oil Spill Disaster (williambruce.wordpress.com)
- Transocean Awards Big Bonuses, Citing “Safety Record”. WTF? (crooksandliars.com)
- “Transocean gives safety bonuses” and related posts (peakoil.com)
- Transocean gives safety bonuses despite deaths (seattlepi.com)
- GULF of Mexico OIL DISASTER
- Gulf spill company Transocean Ltd. hands out safety bonuses (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)
- Re: Dept. of WTF? (538refugees.wordpress.com)
- Absurdly, Transocean Execs Received A Bonus For The “Best Year In Safety Performance” (RIG) (businessinsider.com)
- Transocean Execs Get Safety Bonus (drudge.com)
- Gag order on scientists probing dolphin deaths
- “TransOcean Pay Bonuses Because of “Best year in Safety Performance in Our Company’s History ” which killed 11 People- Wotta?” and related posts (celsias.com)
- BP Denies Oil Spill Claims by Alabama Cities, Mexico States
- Gulf spill sickness wrecking lives
- Gulf Coast Disaster Claims Another Life
- BP directors take bonuses for year of Gulf of Mexico oil spill
- BP, Others Ask Judge To Dismiss Gulf Oil Spill Claims
- Sick Gulf Residents Beg Officials for Help
- Blood Tests Show Chemicals In Gulf Citizens Blood, US Gov Lied About Gulf Seafood
- Gulf Oil Spill Blood Tests Reveal Alarming Levels Of Toxic Chemicals In Residents
- How The Oil Spill Has Affected The People Of The Gulf
- BP Oil Disaster is Causing Health Problems
- Gulf Oil Spill Compensation Fund Issues 1 Final Payment Out Of 91,000 Claims
- Goldman-Sachs, BP: Crisis Capitalists Profitting On Disaster