“He has shamelessly become the opposite of what he said he would be. This former defender of the constitution and civil liberties has effectively silenced the anti-war left, legitimized neo-conservatism, and maintained his predecessors security-state policies” – Judge Napolitano
Obama has now unilaterally attacked more countries than Bush, notably bombing inside Pakistan, Yemen and now Libya without Congressional approval. Obama is worse than war-mongering Neocons because he moved the war bar from requiring a real or manufactured threat to justify American military intervention, to vague humanitarian justifications. In other words, if a secular dictator is stamping out a handful of jihadists that threaten his regime, we will now bomb the dictator and support the jihadists when it serves corporate interests. By all counts Obama is serving the same military/oil masters no matter what labels or excuses are given. (Source)
Of Arms and the Man: The “progressive blogosphere” is ablaze with partisan fervor bent toward a single goal: the re-election of Barack Obama in 2012. Because if Obama is not re-elected, we might get a president who … kowtows to Wall Street, tortures Americans, kills innocent people — that is, who actually, literally, physically has children torn into splatters and shreds of viscera and bone — and sells arms to tyrants.
Do you want to know why Barack Obama will be re-elected President of the United States in 2012?
- It is not because he has signaled his willingness to eviscerate the last remaining shreds of the sparse “safety net” of social programs set in train by the New Deal.
- It is not because he has shown which side he is on in the elite’s war against workers who serve the public by freezing federal salaries.
- It is not because he has appointed Wall Street insiders to guide not only his economic policies but the daily operations of the entire executive branch.
- It is not because he has ordered the murder of hundreds of defenseless Pakistani civilians through sneak attacks by drone missiles on their homes.
- It is not because he actually stands up in public and defends the torture of an American soldier incarcerated for releasing a few shards of truth about the war crimes committed by a previous administration.
It’s because . . . If we don’t “stop bitching and get to work” making sure that this continues, then we could end up with a Republican president who kowtows to Wall Street, tortures Americans, shreds innocent children into viscera and sells arms to tyrants. And that would be just terrible. (Source)
Nobel Peace Prize President Obama Commits the US to a New War in Libya–without bothering to even consult with the US Congress, in defiance of the US Constitution
“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”
— Sen. Barack Obama, 12/20/2007.
Bush All Over Again: President Obama, who promised to close Guantanamo Bay’s torture center, just signed an executive order that creates a formal system of indefinite detention for Guantanamo Bay inmates and anyone else who pisses off the Government.
America was once the nation the rest of the world looked up to.
The degeneration of the US political structure into criminal insanity is something historians will ponder for a very long time.
Do you know what’s actually a threat to our democracy? The fact that no matter who we vote for, we end up with the same stupid shit. (Source)
[If] people realize that who they vote for in general elections has become no more than a charade, then . . . all they are left with is civil disobedience and violence, and we’re beginning to see this already. – Nigel Farage (Source)
Step by step and day by day, the claims of what must be real have become increasingly outrageous, as the history and excuses used to defend them have become more fragile, ridiculous and indefensible. (Source)
Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, ‘regretted,’ that, unless one were detached from the whole process from the beginning, unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these ‘little measures’ that no ‘patriotic German’ could resent must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing. One day it is over his head. — They Thought They Were Free: The Germans, 1933-45 by Milton Mayer
Dmitri Orlov’s 5 Steps to Collapse: Stage 1, the financial collapse, well underway. 2, the commercial collapse, just getting started as is 3, the loss of credibility of the political system. What remains are the two end states – 4, social collapse and 5, the full meltdown of cultural collapse. (Source)
To Do . . .
- You’ve got to say, “I’m a human being, goddamn it. My life has value.” – Howard Beale (Source: Network)
- Everything in life that is important to you is affected by the degree to which you compromise your integrity to allow; assist, engineer, something you want to happen. . . . In times of darkness, it is dark. . . . People are too afraid of what can save them to be able to avail themselves of the opportunity. Conversely they are too attracted to what intends to destroy them. (Source)
- Drag them into the light by making their tactics visible to everyone, they whither, flee, or in rare cases go bonkers and thus reveal themselves fully. (Source)
- As more and more light enters the cells, there comes a pervasive sense of well being, an underlying peacefulness and lightheartedness that persist even in the midst of challenging circumstances. (Source)
- Many entities are now beginning to laugh at the whole concept of a Beast taking over. (Source)
- 9/11 is a litmus test. (Source)
- Dick Durbin, US Senator, says this about Congress, the banks “frankly own the place.” (Source)
- Understand the nature of the Boot on Our Face.
There’s plenty for everyone here. The technology to transform the world into a garden of delight is here. The wisdom and intelligence to order and maintain harmony and parity for all is here. It’s all here. It’s all within you, dreaming of the opportunity to awaken into reality and replace the sad legacy that has dogged our heels from time out of memory. (Source)
- Candidate Obama would demand impeachment of President Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Changeling (kylesmithonline.com)
- Uk Paper Asks – “Barack Obama: the Weakest President in History?” (globalexclaimer.wordpress.com)
- The Real Obama: Agent of War, Salesman For Torture (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Libya, Hypocrisy and Betrayal by the United Nations (afrospear.com)
- Barack-a-lujah! I Have Seen the Light! by Cindy Sheehan (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Who Owns Congress?–the usual depressing facts, same as last year, and the year before . . .
- Hypocrisy 101 — “free speech” theory and practice
- Ratcheting Up the Police State–expansion of Security Theater by DHS and TSA to thousands of U.S. locations
- One in Seven in America, or more–are economic casualties
- Obama Bravely Endorses “Indefinite Detention”–stands firm against his prior promises, now plans to keep Guantanamo prison open, prisoners locked up ‘indefinitely’
- Are Special Interests Bankrupting US
- Most Americans Now Think Afganistan War Was a Mistake
- We Serve the Banks
- Trust What Obama DOES, Not What He SAYS–cont’d
- Ignore those voters over there
- US Torture–you got a problem with that?
- Obama Administration Claims Unchecked Authority to Kill Americans–even outside of combat zones
- Buy a Congressman for $1.4 million, or a Senator for $10 million–or all members of Congress for a mere $1.6 B
- Endless Affirmative Action for the Rich–meanwhile, 1 in 7 Americans are economic casualties, and unemployment soars for the young
- Goldman Sachs Operatives in Obama Government
- Ever wonder why the US is in Afghanistan — the planet’s foremost narco-state?
- Econ 101
- Why Are We Donating $2,000 Per Family to Wall Street Bonuses? — Wall St. says “Thanks to each and every US family for our $140 Billion bonus.”
- 2009 has been a crazy year for health and medicine — Mike Adams’ scathing review is one worth reading
- Torture: It’s not just for evil dictators anymore! . . . Now it’s legal for US Presidents to order torture of US citizens too!!
- When Obama criticizes bailed-out banks like BoA for their huge bonuses, but fails to take action to stop them, isn’t he just admitting who really runs the country?
- Obama’s 2007 Promise To End The War
- Discredited Bush Policies Embraced by Obama as “Change”
- Obama strikes a blow against disclosure of illegal US torture practices
- Obama bravely embraces Monsanto and genetically modified foods
- Obama lawyers strike a blow against freedom of information
- A new war? . . . actually quite useful to distract angry citizens from 10%+ unemployment and banksters’ looting
- Obama exonerates torturers
- The Goal: Keep Rich People from Taking Losses
- “The Obama Deception” (Movie)
- Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss
- No one has gone to jail for crashing the world economy, torture or unconstitutional wiretaps. There is however room in our jails for people who share files or smoke pot. This is not a justice system. It is an exploitation system.
- Anti-war Activists Arrested Near White House as they Mark 8th Anniversary of Start of Iraq War
- Neo-Cons Applaud Obama’s War, Call For Occupation Of Libya