Because they can . . .
Controlling Healthcare Costs: As part of its effort to improve US healthcare, the government has given KV Pharmaceutical the exclusive rights to sell a drug that prevents preterm labor. The price of the drug immediately went from $10 for the weekly shot, to $1,500. No research, no real marketing required. Just profits. (Source)
Who says government “help” doesn’t pay off? Bwahahahahaha
If the new health care law is so great, then why is the Obama administration allowing so many organizations to opt out of it? According to the Department of Health and Human Services, more than 1,000 organizations have received Obamacare waivers so far.
- Cost of Preemie Birth Preventive Skyrockets (abcnews.go.com)
- Drug price infuriates those who help moms (dispatch.com)
- Price of Drug to Prevent Preterm Labor Skyrockets (blogs.wsj.com)
- Cost of Shot to Prevent Preterm Labor Jumps From $10 to $1,500 (aolhealth.com)
- Cost of drug to prevent premature births stuns health officials (dispatch.com)
- Drug to prevent preterm birth goes from $10 to $1,500 (ctv.ca)
- Premature labor drug spikes from $10 to $1,500 (msnbc.msn.com)
- Health Care Reform and the Drug Industry: How Goes It? (seekerblog.com)
- A letter to my Congressperson. (gallipot.wordpress.com)