- America’s Spreading Foreclosure Pandemic — use Google’s foreclosure maps to expose the extent of foreclosures nationwide and in your neighborhood — shows how to map out foreclosures by using Google Maps, linked by The Consumerist and The NY Times, by far the most popular post of 2010.
- Full-body scanners ‘useless,’ air security expert says–and expose us to excessive radiation — comprehensive overview of the TSA controversy and what’s wrong with airport scanners.
- Senate Bill 510, the “Food Safety Modernization Act”–restricting small farmers to protect profits of giant food companies — popular post detailing what was wrong with S.510 “food tyranny” bill that was passed as an amendment to a completely unrelated bill.
- Ever wonder why the US is in Afghanistan — the planet’s foremost narco-state? — how and why US military condones opium farming in Afghanistan.
- Home Owners Can Level the Foreclosure Playing Field–by using the poison pill that lenders fear — legal strategy to “encourage” foreclosing lenders to negotiate in good faith.
- For-Profit Colleges–the student loan scam — discloses shameless rip-offs of students and the government by owners of top “for-profit” universities.
- One in Seven in America, or more–are economic casualties — the usual shocking U.S. statistics about 1 in 7.
- US Torture–you got a problem with that? — FAQs about U.S. use of torture.
- Buy a Congressman for $1.4 million, or a Senator for $10 million–or all members of Congress for a mere $1.6 B — how cheaply Congress can be bought and sold, relative to payoffs.
- 9th Anniversary of 9/11 — did you know . . . ?
- Solar System Warming–and its implications — scientific evidence of temperature increases on all planets in our solar system, from Mercury to Pluto.
- Goldman Sachs Operatives in Obama Government — list of the 48 former Goldman Sachs employees appointed to key federal government positions by the Obama administration.
« Police on Steroids (possibly 1 in 4)–rampant steroid drug abuse by police linked to ‘roid rage, epidemic police brutality, and excessive use of force
Dregs of the Future–Top 12 Posts for 2010
January 1, 2011 by prof77