“He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people . . .” — The Declaration of Independence, 1776.
Do you wear Levi jeans, act like a “nice guy,” look “normal” or support Ron Paul? – but wait – you like scuba diving! Oh no, you’re a terrorist.
This is not a joke.
The following is a complied list of our government’s supposed “signs of terrorism“. (Source)
The federal government, via centralized threat fusion centers, pursuant to the MIAC Report, may suspect you as a “terrorist” if you exhibit any of the following signs of terrorism:
- Displaying bumper stickers and other paraphernalia associated with the Constitutional, Campaign for Liberty, and Libertarian parties
- Supporting Congressman Ron Paul
- Supporting former presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin
- Supporting former Congressman Bob Barr
- Opposing the implementation of a North American Union
- Owning gold bullion
- Displaying historical U.S. flags
- Opposing abortion
- Talking about the documentary Zeitgeist
- Being interested in animal rights
- Being a “lone individual”
- Making numerous references to the U.S. Constitution
- Defending the U.S. Constitution
- Claiming driving is a right, not a privilege
- Refusing to identify yourself to an authority figure
- Attempting to monitor the actions of police
- Being bald
Under the terms of a Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Law Enforcement pamphlet, the following behaviors, actions or interests are also signs of terrorism:
- Being a “nice guy”
- Wearing Levi jeans
- Communicating predominantly by cell phone, email or text message
- Looking “normal” in appearance
- Renting a car
- Staying in a hotel or apartment
- Renting a storage facility
- Using cash to make large purchases
- Using pre-paid cellphones or hand-held radios
- Owning large amounts of medicines, alcohol, or baby formula
- Gaining support for a cause by holding meetings, public rallies, or demonstrations
- Gaining support for a cause by using websites, posters, leaflets, or underground press publications
- Possessing a photo-copy of your drivers license, passport, social security card or birth certificate
- Possessing or purchasing GPS technology
- Walking, biking or driving near “potential targets”
- Taking photographs of “potential targets,” including bridges, power plants or government buildings
Under the terms of a Virginia training manual used to help state employees recognize terrorists, the following behaviors, actions or interests are also signs of terrorism.
- Being a property-rights activist
- Trying to influence government or social policy
- Undermining confidence in the government
- Using a sketch pad, camera, map, binoculars or scuba equipment
Do you fit into any of these categories? Your name will be in a threat fusion database somewhere, and under the new definition of what constitutes a terrorist, which federal agencies are working under and promoting, your neighbor will be acting perfectly reasonably when they inform on you to the authorities because you rented a hotel room, used a large amount of cash, or possess a significant amount of alcohol. (Source)
Discouraging Americans from Dissent
Former FBI agent Michael German correctly identifies the fact that the “Monitoring America” program has more to do with discouraging Americans from engaging in any kind of dissent than it does with catching real terrorists.
“Treating innocent citizens as suspects flies in the face of our most fundamental American values and does not make anyone safer. Americans must to be able to meet and debate without fear that their associations and dissent will end up in a law enforcement database. Law enforcement already has the authority it needs to fight crime and terrorism without sacrificing the rights of those it seeks to protect,” said German.
This is about making every American in the country fear a knock on the door from Homeland Security because if they misbehave in any way, if they show any kind of dissent against the state, or even if they merely engage in completely innocent activities that are subsequently misconstrued by an informant society that has been trained to suspect anything and everything as possible terror, they could become a target.
Welcome to the new America – a decrepit and decaying banana republic where the government tells its people to spy on each other – a country where everyone is a potential terrorist and just as in Orwell’s 1984, will come under suspicion if they don’t rigidly conform and ensure that their behavior displays the maximum amount of fealty and subservience to the state. (Source)
- Crouching Government, Hidden Terrorists (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- HBCUs Listed as “Potential” Terrorist Hubs by Virginia’s Fusion Center (theroot.com)