Update 2/15/2011: Defector admits to WMD lies that triggered Iraq war: The Iraqi codenamed Curveball, who was the source of all of Dick Cheney’s “intelligence” about Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction, now admits he made it all up.
Who could have known?
Republican congressmen U.S. Reps. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) and John Duncan (R-Tenn.) revealed that the vast majority of GOP members of Congress now think it was wrong for the U.S. to invade Iraq in 2003. The discussion was moderated by Grover Norquist, of the Cato Institute, who asked the congressmen how many of their colleagues now think the war was a mistake: (Source)
“I will say that the decision to go in, in retrospect, almost all of us think that was a horrible mistake. …Now that we know that it cost a trillion dollars, and all of these years, and all of these lives, and all of this blood… all I can say is everyone I know thinks it was a mistake to go in now.”
“I think everyone [in Congress] would agree that Iraq was a mistake.”
Epidemiologists at Johns Hopkins released one of several studies concluding that the invasion of Iraq resulted in the deaths of over 100,000 children, women and elderly civilians. These victims were blown to bits and burned alive by US airpower and missiles. The publication was peer reviewed and published in the respected medical journal The Lancet.
Iraq did not attack the US on 9/11. They did not attack the country ever. How do the perpetrators of this murder justify their actions? Just following orders? ( http://www.angrybearblog…./wikileaks-documents.html )
Military action in Iraq did not defend America. It did not defend America’s freedom as was vapidly claimed by supporters of the miliary incursion. Civilians were killed and not in the defense of America. The invasion did enforce the will of the rulers of America at the time.
This misuse of a country’s military is not unique to GWB and the latest Iraq war invasion, History shows that it is all too common.
Nonetheless, the military kills unecessarily, innocent civilians are the victms, and the flag of patriotism is abused by those in power and the unwitting lackeys who carry out the killing and destruction.
An old story. In this time of no accountability, the guilty escape unpunished in this world.http://www.angrybearblog….f-than-you-were-year.html
- ‘Curveball’ admits he lied to start Iraq War (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Curveball’s confession: another dent in the Iraq conspiracy theory | Michael White (guardian.co.uk)
- Colin Powell “manipulated” into making the case for the Iraq War… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- “Defector admits to WMD lies that triggered Iraq war.” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Powell’s Chief Of Staff: We Were ‘Manipulated’ Into Making Case For Iraq War (huffingtonpost.com)
- VIDEO: Rumsfeld no regrets over Iraq war (bbc.co.uk)
- Obama’s Iraq War Speech: Why? (politicsdaily.com)
- ‘Curveball,’ Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, Iraqi Informant: I’m Proud My WMD Lies Led To Iraq War (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rumsfeld: MIA on the True Costs of the Iraq War (politicsdaily.com)
- Former US Defence Sec Admits Iraq War Regret (news.sky.com)