Obama orders 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan In a brief written statement issued by the White House, President Obama signaled that the escalation in Afghanistan would be combined with an intensified military intervention across the border in Pakistan.
Obama, not Bush, now seeking delay of Rove deposition Former Bush Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove has a new president urging Congress not to force him to testify next week. President Barack Obama.
Obama administration defends telecom immunity. The Obama Justice Department continues to stand behind a Bush era law meant to prevent lawsuits against telecommunications companies accused of illegally sharing private customer information with intelligence agencies.
Crass Warfare: The rich claim that Obama’s plan to tax the top 2% of Americans – those making over $250,000 – is the beginning of class warfare. The other 98% of Americans certainly hope so. The GOP claims this will pit the have-nots against the haves, instead of their plans, which have always pitted the haves against the have-nots.
Under executive orders issued by Obama just two days into his tenure, the CIA still has authority to carry out what are known as renditions, secret abductions and transfers of prisoners to countries that cooperate with the United States, the Los Angeles Times reported.
“This is your captain speaking, everyone remain calm, everything is under control. “